There are a number of advantages to contextual advertising that make it one of the most effective methods for attracting customers. This is the most accurate tool to reach your target audience.
Contextual advertising consists of text ads that are shown to users if they have shown interest in similar products or services. The ads are displayed based on the user request for similar information, and so they are more likely to catch potential customers' attention.
Search contextual advertising
Search contextual advertising is shown in search results in the largest search engines, such as Google, bing, and others. They are only displayed when the user's search terms match the keywords chosen for the ad.
Thematic contextual advertising
Thematic contextual advertising is shown on the sites that are included in the affiliate network of the advertising system, but only if if the subject matter of the advertisement is in the interests of the user. Thematic advertising is shown alongside the content of the pages that the user views.
What is contextual advertising?
A contextual ad consists of a headline, text, a link (a landing page that the user will hit when they click on the ad) and possibly additional elements. For example, in Google search, ads are placed in the box at the top of the page, below the search results and to the right of them.
Objectives of contextual advertising on the Internet:
- increasing traffic and sales;
- demonstrating and marketing a new product or service;
- conducting promotions and promoting the brand;
- promoting a new resource;
- improving the image of the company.
The main advantages of contextual advertising:
- Targeting a specifc audience. The contextual ad is shown only to those users who are potentially interested in it.
- Attraction of new clients. The visitor is already searching for information that is relevant to your business, so you can provide information about your offers with contextual advertisements.
- The advertiser pays for a specific user action as close as possible to the purchase. In contextual advertising, a CPC (Cost Per Click) payment model is used, so the advertiser pays not for impressions by quantity or time, but for referrals of potential customers to their site (that is, for clicks on an ad).
- The advertiser determines their acceptable cost of getting the interested user to their site. In contextual advertising, advertisers themselves completely manage costs, setting the clickable rates for an ad.
- An auction pricing system is used in contextual advertising, which involves the participation of advertisers in bidding for each keyword. The advertiser that bids the most will be the one who has their ad displayed. As a result, the more the advertiser is ready to pay, the more ads will appear on a higher position.
- The flexibility of advertising campaign settings and wide targeting options. Contextual advertising offers the ability to choose a specific target audience based on many variables. Geography, time and strategy of impressions, settings for advertisements on the thematic sites, as well as many other parameters are determined independently depending on the features of the advertising offer.
- Transparent control and analysis of the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Systems provide reports on the effectiveness of the advertising campaign for each ad, each keyword phrase, and each day.
- Quick return of invested money. Contextual advertising on the Internet, in contrast to search engine optimization, begins immediately after its placement. By the first week of the advertising campaign, you can already evaluate the dynamics of the increase in the number of calls and orders.
In these days of modern technology, contextual advertising is developing more every year, gaining momentum and bringing more profit, proving its efficiency and high returns. This type of advertising can be used to promote almost any product or service. But in order for advertising to bring good results, accurate and competent adjustment is necessary, so it is better to entrust it to experienced specialists. Our team will provide comprehensive work on time and at the highest level, thanks to our knowledge and experience in web development. It's time for your business to reach a new level, because a well-optimized website will work for you in the future.