Website promotion is extremely necessary if you want to see high growth in the number of visits. It is important to have a strong Internet presence, not only to create a representative office for your business online, but also to provide resources that attract the flow of visitors, thereby taking a leading position in the online market. The technical condition of a website is the main requirement for its promotion. Search engines actively monitor the quality of sites, lowering the rankings of any resource that does not meet their requirements. To avoid this, many site owners use SEO auditing to identify problems and fix them in a timely manner.
An audit is necessarily performed before the start of website promotion, because it is needed to determine the readiness of the site to perform active actions during its promotion. An audit can also be performed to evaluate the results obtained from a particular promotion.
What is a site audit?
A site audit is a comprehensive check of the technical parameters of the site, which affect its promotion in search engines. The site audit helps to avoid errors that negatively affect the work and promotion of the site, such as:
- no attendance;
- limited budget for promotion (in this case, the audit will help develop the right promotion strategy);
- suspicions about the imposition of sanctions by search engines;
- de-indexing pages;
- lack of sales;
- finding positions on the keys out of sight; and
- the need to develop a promotion strategy.
The main goal of the audit work is to increase the productivity of the site's operation, which in turn will attract more visitors to the site, increase the conversion percentage (the ratio of regular customers of the site to the total number of visitors) and ultimately increase profits.
There are four main types of audit:
- Technical audit - searching for technical errors and developing of useful recommendations for their elimination.
- Internal site optimization - analyzing the site structure, checking the quality of optimizing web pages, and analyzing the content of the main pages and the semantic core for efficiency.
- External site optimization - analyzing incoming links and their anchors.
- Usability audit - objectively assessing of the degree of convenience of a site for its visitors, with the correct recommendations for increasing conversion and developing the entire site.
Each of these types of audits will help make many significant changes and corrections. But it is worth noting that only comprehensive work will ensure a significant increase in the productivity of the site. Audits should be carried out regularly to avoid technical errors that can arise.
As a result of the audit, the site will receive:
- improvement of behavioral factors;
- increased traffic to the site;
- a significant increase in the position in search results; and
- improvement in conversion, which in turn will indicate a decent level of monetization of your website.
The main thing is to correctly use the data obtained from the audit. This data will help to clearly form an idea of what is working well now and what additional work is needed, because even a new site may have a whole range of problems.